Community College Student Juried Virtual Exhibition
April 2 - May 7, 2021, Northern Illinois University, School of Art and Design
2021 Virtual Community College Exhibit Site https://artsbabs.niu.edu/
Virtual Reception: Join Zoom Meeting April 17, 2pm-4pm for the NIU Virtual Community College Art Exhibit Reception
Program schedule for the Virtual Reception, April 17, starting at 2pm
2:00 pm - John Siblik, Welcome, Introductions https://artsbabs.niu.edu
2:05 pm - Dean Paul Kassel, Welcome https://www.vpa.niu.edu/cvpa
2:10 pm - SOAD Director Doug Boughton, comments https://art.niu.edu/art
2:15 pm - Admissions, Comments https://www.niu.edu/test-free
2:30 pm - Stephanie Sailer, Comments, Virtual tour https://art.niu.edu/art
3:00 pm - Juror, Terrance Gray, Comments
3:05 pm - Awards Announced
3:15pm - Tour NIU virtual 2021 Community College Exhibit https://artsbabs.niu.edu/
Meet this Year’s Juror, Terrance Grayhttps://terrance-gray.squarespace.com/
Terrance Gray is an East Moline, Ill. based mixed media artist from Rock Island, specializing in digital and traditional arts.
He continued his art education at a later age as a non-traditional student at Black Hawk College before transferring to Northern Illinois University to earn his BFA in Drawing. Taking a year off Terrance returned to Northern Illinois University to complete his MFA in hopes of teaching art.
Terrance now teaches Art Appreciation at Black Hawk College and has established an Art Program at Arrowhead Youth and Family Services.
Entry is open to current Illinois community college art students. Community College Student Exhibition will be held virtually.
If you have any questions, please contact John Siblik at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-753-5223.
- Art students submitting artwork must be from community colleges within Illinois.
- Only artwork completed after Jan. 1, 2019 is eligible.
- All media will be accepted including design, photography, new media and traditional 2D and 3D artworks.
- Artwork that does not meet these criteria will not be exhibited.
- Each applicant may submit up to two artworks.
- You must include a digital image in .jpeg or .pdf format (maximum 5MB file size) and identify the title, size and medium of each artwork.
- The digital image uploaded on the entry form is to be a single image used for identifying the work.
- There is no fee for submission.
The entry form deadline is March 26, 2021.